May 24 2021 – Jenna Turner
This Summer popsicle stencil is a perfect painting project to get you in the summer mood. This easy painting craft is perfect for all ages.
- Popsicle stencil from StencilRev.
- Flat Paint Brushes/Sponge Brushes
- 734-PINK Tea Towel
- Natural Tote Bag
- Paint for textiles
- Scrap Cardboard
Tips & Tricks
- I found that the sponge brushes created less bleeding than using a brush.
- The small paint brush is better than the sponge brush for small and tight places.
- Don't put too much paint on your brush. This is fabric and it can/will bleed if you have too much.
- If you are a lefty start on the right side
- Hold stencil down with your hand around where you are painting to help minimize any painting where it shouldn't be.
Step 1: Wash Towel
Step 2: Iron out any wrinkles
Step 3: Position stencil and tape down.
Step 4: Organize paints on plate and plan out design colors.
Step 5: Start painting!
Step 6: Carefully peel stencil away from towel starting in one corner.
Step 7: Fully Dry
Step 8: Iron design on the opposite side to set paint.